Purpose of the Job
As a part of the Visual Resources team, the photographer provides high quality professional imaging services to internal and external markets. The scope of the work will range from high end capture of 2d and 3d objects in the studio, to providing creative and conceptual work to keep the Museum stock images current and contemporary. The role includes the covering of IWM events and press calls, which need immediate turn around for delivery to IWM social media channels as well as external press outlets.
The photographer is responsible for all post processing of their imagery using the Adobe imaging products or similar software on Apple Mac machines and proactively manages the data they keep for storage on the Museums server structures.
The post holder has a flexible attitude to working patterns as some travelling and out of hours work (including weekends) is required.
- You will be expected to work independently as well as across different teams in order to contribute to and deliver the priorities of IWM - using your knowledge, skills, talent and potential to the best of your ability.
- You will focus at all times on delivering excellent customer service, ensure value for money at all times while
being professional, courteous and demonstrating the behaviours and attributes expected of all IWM
- You will also adhere to all corporate standards, and use corporate systems as directed to ensure
consistency of service, brand and operational standards.
- You will be expected to work across departments effectively, working with individuals, partners and where
- To identify and implement learning and development needs for both yourself and your team, including
volunteers, if appropriate.
- You will be expected to comply with corporate standards, and use corporate systems, processes and
procedures– and undertake any necessary training as directed.
- Support and facilitate public access to our collection, expertise and knowledge.
- Develop, partake in and produce accessible material and activities aimed at engaging, informing, educating
and enthusing our audiences and potential audiences in the collection and our subject matter, and mission.
For a full job specification, which your application will be marked against please see the attached person specification.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am, Tuesday 28th June 2022.
June 28th 2022, 9:00 AM
The benefits listed below are discretionary and IWM reserves the right, with due notice, to vary or withdraw them at any time. All such benefits apply during the course of your employment only.
- Our generous full-time equivalent annual leave allowance is 25 days per annum plus public holidays rising to 30 days after 5 years.
- Access to our Company Group Pension Plan with competitive Employer Contributions.
- 20% discount in all IWM’s on-site shops.
- A 25% discount in IWM’s cafes.
- Free entry to all IWM Air shows at IWM Duxford.
- Free entry to a large number of other museums & galleries and their exhibitions which we have reciprocal arrangements with.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits dependent on length of service.
- Access to our in-house training programmes and development
- Access to an interest free season ticket loan scheme after three months service.
- Access to a Ride 2 Work Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, and Career Development Advice.
- IWM staff also have access to The Charity for Civil Servants services and support.
- IWM staff are entitled to membership of the Benenden Healthcare Society (subject to their terms & conditions.
- Eligibility to join the Civil Service Sports Club, securing additional discounts and benefits.
- Access to social events run by groups with IWM.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. This role is subject to:
A basic check, which shows unspent convictions and conditional cautions.
IWM is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.
We miss out when people feel IWM isn't for them, and are committed to removing and reducing barriers to make IWM open to everyone.
Our Access and Inclusion strategy has been developed to promote openness, equal opportunities to access, inclusivity and encourage diversity in everything that we do, from employment practices, the services we provide to our visitors to the facilities we make available to public.
At IWM we seek to address the need for greater diversity within our workforce as well as the wider museum and heritage sector. In all our practices we embrace diversity and promote equality of opportunity and we welcome applications from suitable candidates of all backgrounds.
This opportunity is closed to applications.